Author Topic: Lenovo 16MP Vibe Shot  (Read 805 times)

orangsakitjiwa

Lenovo 16MP Vibe Shot
« on: March 02, 2015, 10:52:26 PM »

Arguably the most interesting of the lot is that Vibe Shot 2-in-1 camera phone, a handset that looks deceivingly like a point-and-shoot at first glance. Indeed, its design is rather reminiscent of the Sony TX series of cameras with its minimalist look, squared edges and slender profile. The Vibe Shot is only about 7.3mm thin and sports a lightweight aluminium frame, with Gorilla Glass sandwiching the phone on both the front and the back. It felt almost a little too skinny when I was handling it, and I was afraid that I might drop and break it at times. Still, it has a really nice premium feel thanks to that glass and metal body. On the front is a rather gorgeous 5-inch full HD display, with a relatively slim bezel on the left and right sides.

Of course, the star of the show here is that camera. On the back is a 16-megapixel camera with a six-piece modular lens, a low-light back-illuminated sensor, a tricolor flash, optical image stabilization and a "photo luminosity" feature that adjusts the image's overall clarity and color based on surrounding light. There's even an infrared focus on board, which Lenovo claims will give the phone a much faster tap-to-focus ability. I tried it out a few times during a demo and while I can't say it's exactly 2x faster, it certainly felt quick enough where I didn't sense any noticeable lag. Accompanying that lens is also a physical shutter button and a volume rocker that'll double as zoom control. Those who yearn for quality selfies aren't left out either, as it has a 8-megapixel front-facing camera.

There's also an interesting toggle on the side that switches the camera between "Smart" and "Pro" modes. "Smart" mode is essentially an auto mode that provides a general guide for good shots. It'll help you hone in on the right way to frame an image, and once it likes what you've lined up, it'll let you know whether it's "good" or "perfect." The "Smart" mode also has an intelligent object recognition built right in, with face recognition plus the ability to recognize certain shapes as "food." So, for example, when we aimed the camera at a coffee cup, it immediately kicked in the preset settings for pictures of food. "Pro," on the other hand, gives the user much finer control over camera settings like ISO and white balance -- you can adjust them by swiping through a semi circle on the right. Photo quality looked pretty good from my limited hands-on, but it's difficult to say for sure without further testing.

As for the rest of the Vibe Shot, it ships with Android 5.0 Lollipop, a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, 32GB of storage plus a microSD card slot option that supports up to 128GB cards, WiFi, LTE plus dual SIM capabilities.

The Vibe Shot will be sold in white, red or grey options for a rather pricey $349 starting in June.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 11:01:17 PM by orangsakitjiwa »

monkeyboy

Re: Lenovo 16MP Vibe Shot
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 11:01:11 PM »
nice design with resonable price